Monday, November 9, 2009

talking point #7

My freshman year of high school I went to an all girls school, so I know first hand the difference in education. The one year at an all girls school, I learned more there than at the 3 other years at a co-ed school. I feel like I learned more because I didn't have the distraction of any boys. I didn't have anyone to impress or to look good for. The same kind of learning goes for an all boys school. They can be who they are and not need to look extra masculine for any girls. Being able to learn in a comfortable environment is the best way to learn. That's why I think that same sex schools work the best for education. For a social aspect of learning, co-ed schools prepare you better for what you are going to experience in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment