Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Girls acting "dumb"

In my VIPS classroom I always seem to get the questions from the same girl. Every time I'm there, she asks me to help her out. At first I really didn't mind because it was the whole reason I was there. I'm there to help the students in their math class if they are having trouble. After the first few classes I was starting to get a little aggravated because she knew what she was doing and it seemed like she just wanted me there for company. A few weeks ago me and the teacher that I am helping out were correcting the tests that the students had just taken. It was the girl who kept asking me questions turn to get her test corrected. She received 100% on her test. This struck me as a little odd because she was always asking me how to do things and to help her out. I then figured out that she is one of the top students in math in this classroom. She was dumbing herself down to get me to pay attention to her. I still don't understand why she would do this. Most of the time if someone wants attention they will do their best to receive praises and gain attention of others that way. I guess it can go both ways. I always hear about girls making themselves less smart because of a man but never because they want attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment